We are now accepting presentations and research abstract submissions for the County of Renfrew 2020 Paramedic Research Symposium, which will be held on May 21st and 22nd at The Calabogie Peaks Resort.
Please ensure you have read the terms of abstract submission prior to submitting your work. Submitting an abstract or presentation does not register you for the symposium. You must register for the symposium separately.
Call for abstracts will close on Tuesday, March 10th, 2020. No late entries will be accepted. Notification of successful submissions will be no later than March 24th.
Submit your abstract here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSct9NP1LPrWVeH9erRTQB8pCRPmuq611EWdKWLCHvbbELMtPg/viewform
Terms and Conditions
- Only abstracts that have been submitted in final form on and before the deadline will be considered for inclusion in the abstract sessions and the award competition.
- All health care professionals, physicians, nurses, students, administrators and other medical providers are all encouraged to participate. Priority will be given to paramedics.
- Submitting an abstract does not register you for the Symposium. You must register separately.
- The Abstract Committee will consider for acceptance abstracts that have been previously presented at other national, regional, and international scientific meetings.
- Abstracts on topics related to paramedic/prehospital education, leadership, clinical or research will be considered.
- Abstracts are to be submitted strictly online via this Google Form
Review Process and Scoring Criteria
Abstracts will be peer-reviewed in blinded fashion. Abstract acceptance will be based strictly on merit.
Authors will be notified if their submission has been selected for presentation as soon as the review is complete (review will commence on closing date). Further details regarding placement as an oral or poster presentation, as well as times of presentation will follow as soon as possible. If you do not receive any notification of your abstract’s status, please contact us.
- The complete abstract must not exceed 180 characters for the TITLE and 350 words
- Spell out words; do not use abbreviations.
- The title or text cannot include advertising of any product or company.
- Poster dimensions are maximum standard A1 size, landscape orientation.
- Details regarding poster location, times for placing and removing posters will follow if submission is chosen.
- PowerPoint™ for PC is the only acceptable presentation format for oral presentations. Apple software users should save their presentation in a PowerPoint™ or pdf format.
- If your presentation is selected please ensure you (or a co-author) are available on May 21 or 22 to deliver the presentation.
Further information will be provided to selected presentations upon notification. If you have any questions regarding submission in the meantime, please contact Chelsea Lanos at email@example.com